Best 5 Cyberpunk movies of the 2000s

These cyberpunk movies were all released from 2000-2009 and have the highest imdb scores.

No.5

Name Electric Dragon 80.000 V
year 2001
country Japan
language Japanese
imdb score 7.0

As a Dragon Eye Morrison undergoes electro-shock treatment for his aggressive behavior. The levels of sheer energy absorbed by his body over the years allow him to channel and conduct electricity. Now an adult, Morrison works in the city as a reptile investigator and has learned to channel his rage through the performance of aggressive guitar-based noise. Meanwhile, Thunderbolt Buddha, a TV repair man turned vigilante, who has the same electro-conductive powers after a childhood accident, goes after crime bosses and gangsters. When both men learn of each other’s existence, Thunderbolt Buddha challenges Morrison to a final showdown on the rooftops of Tokyo.

No.4

Name A Scanner Darkly
year 2006
country United States
language English
imdb score 7.1

An undercover cop in a not-too-distant future becomes involved with a dangerous new drug and begins to lose his own identity as a result.

No.3

Name I, Robot
year 2004
country United States
language English
imdb score 7.1

In 2035, a technophobic cop investigates a crime that may have been perpetrated by a robot, which leads to a larger threat to humanity.

No.2

Name The Matrix Reloaded
year 2003
country United States
language English
imdb score 7.2

Neo and his allies race against time before the machines discover the city of Zion and destroy it. While seeking the truth about the Matrix, Neo must save Trinity from a dark fate within his dreams.

No.1

Name District 9
year 2009
country New Zealand, United States, South Africa
language English
imdb score 7.9

The story, which explores themes of humanity, xenophobia and social segregation, begins in an alternate 1982, when an alien spaceship appears over Johannesburg, South Africa. When a population of sick and malnourished insectoid aliens are discovered on the ship, the South African government confines them to an internment camp called District 9. Years later, during the government’s relocation of the aliens to another camp, one of the confined aliens named Christopher Johnson, who is about to try to escape from Earth with his son and return home, crosses paths with a bureaucrat leading the relocation named Wikus van der Merwe.

9 Likes

Hmm, I have only seen “I, robot”, it was ok. Has anyone here seen the others? What are they like?

District 9 contain many contents

This good

I really enjoy the theme of these movie

Thx for sharing

Looks nice

Thanks for sharing and I think I get lots of choices of films to digest my leisure time, and the Japanese one worths exploring.

I wonder there may be a post that specifically lists the Cyberpunk movies in 2000-2005, 2006-2010, 2011-2015, 2016-2020 haha, A more detailed classification.