Best 5 Cyberpunk movies of the 2010s

These cyberpunk movies were all released from 2010-2019 and have the highest imdb scores.

No.5

Name Alita: Battle Angel
year 2019
country United States
language English
imdb score 7.3

Alita: Battle Angel is a 2019 American cyberpunk action film based on Japanese manga artist Yukito Kishiro’s 1990s series Gunnm and its 1993 original video animation adaptation Battle Angel. It was directed by Robert Rodriguez and produced by James Cameron, who co-wrote the script with Laeta Kalogridis. Rosa Salazar stars through performance-capture animation as the titular heroine Alita, a cyborg who awakens in a new body with no memory of her past, so she sets out to uncover her destiny.

No.4

Name Ready Player One
year 2018
country United States
language English
imdb score 7.5

Ready Player One is a 2018 American science fiction adventure film directed by Steven Spielberg, from a screenplay by Zak Penn and Ernest Cline based on Cline’s 2011 novel of the same name. It stars Tye Sheridan, Olivia Cooke, Ben Mendelsohn, T.J. Miller, Simon Pegg, and Mark Rylance. It takes place in 2045, when much of humanity uses the virtual reality software OASIS (Ontologically Anthropocentric Sensory Immersive Simulation) to escape the desolation of the real world. Orphaned teenager Wade Watts (Sheridan) finds clues to a hidden game that promises OASIS’s ownership to the winner, and he and four allies try to complete it before a corporation run by businessman Nolan Sorrento (Mendelsohn) can do so.

No.3

Name Upgrade
year 2018
country Australia, United States
language English
imdb score 7.5

Upgrade is a 2018 cyberpunk action body horror film written and directed by Leigh Whannell and starring Logan Marshall-Green, Betty Gabriel, and Harrison Gilbertson. The film follows a technophobe who is implanted with a chip that allows him to control his body after a mugging leaves him paralyzed.

No.2

Name Ex Machina
year 2014
country United Kingdom, United States
language English
imdb score 7.7

Ex Machina is a 2014 science fiction psychological thriller film written and directed by Alex Garland. Domhnall Gleeson, Alicia Vikander, Sonoya Mizuno, and Oscar Isaac star in a story that follows a programmer who is invited by his CEO to administer the Turing test to an intelligent humanoid robot.

No.1

Name Blade Runner 2049
year 2017
country United Kingdom
language English
imdb score 8.0

Blade Runner 2049 is a 2017 American science fiction film directed by Denis Villeneuve and written by Hampton Fancher and Michael Green. A sequel to the 1982 film Blade Runner, the film stars Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford, with Ana de Armas, Sylvia Hoeks, Robin Wright, Mackenzie Davis, Carla Juri, Lennie James, Dave Bautista, and Jared Leto in supporting roles. Ford and Edward James Olmos reprise their roles from the original. Set thirty years after the first film, Gosling plays K, a Nexus-9 replicant “blade runner” who uncovers a secret that threatens to destabilize society and the course of civilization.

6 Likes

The movie is kind wired

Most of the are very interesting

What i can say is very good

I really enjoy the ready player one

Cool cooler coolest

I saw Ex Machina, it’s a very good movie with a good ending

They are all really new works and I have not watched any of these so far. It seems that these movies are really wonderful and I would like to watch them.