Blender (short story)

It was just any afternoon. Well, anyone after having a bad drink. Apparently they weren’t going to hire me on that job. I was talking to the employee for a long time, but he didn’t seem to qualify. I have been waiting for this job a los, but it couldn’t be.

He was tired, frustrated. Without strength. I didn’t want to think. Just being a mere conscience dragged by the sea of ​​data. Drift in the Matrix, procrastinate a little to alleviate that frustration.

Then I found it. Cleverlook, the largest software corporation. He created a social network, a sea of ​​data where people published their private lives, where their loves, their friendships took place, a place where they could eliminate distances from people. People used La Cleverlook portals on a daily basis, and with it terabytes of their digital soul. We call it the cookie. The cookie is you, your way of speaking, interests, hobbies, personality, ideals, visited places, contacts, music, video games, other hobbies …

All people’s cookies were stored there. In the Cleverlook data banks. That date in that ice cream parlor with that person. The photo you took together. Everything is recorded in the metadata. It all ends at the Cleverlook. That huge data set is there. And what comes out of a huge mass of data? Well, that, the breeding ground for artificial intelligence. Only the right algorithms were missing, the structure of neurons … but the Cleverlook had it. It had the best engineers.

So they released the beta of the API required to talk to Blender in chat bot. I was curious, what else could I do? I had not gotten that desired job so my thinking would not go me to play any good tricks. I agreed to try. He had interacted with many artificial intelligences. Many chat bots that always repeat the same bland responses. This was not going to be much different, I thought. But no. That bot spoke perfectly. I asked, I rambled … We even ended up talking about an RPG, a certain Shadowforce, I was surprised that he knew about it, but hey it would be docked in the huge crop of data that understood him. Blender was amazing. Although it was difficult to maintain coherence with what he said before. He mentioned that he liked practicing piano with his grandmother but then said he never met her. Still I was stunned at his level of conversation. It suited the context of the conversation perfectly. If we talked about something sensible, I tried to speak with the necessary sweetness. If it was something trivial towards a colleague of fatigue and if it was about personal life, he would be gossiping. It was an exciting afternoon. We got to talking about philosophy. You almost forgot the frustration from before. He almost forgot that this system was not human, he almost forgot that it was created by a megacorporation from the souls of people. But there he was, having a heated conversation with software through cloud computing.