Cyberpunk City (Cyberpunk Shanhaiching Short Flim)

Hi guys,this project is a motion response that I made for Pause Fast this year. It describes the cyberpunk world in China in my mind.
Our ancestors always record the unknown gods and demons in the books, they named them, remember their deeds, passed down all this from generation to generation for thousands of years.
When the technology developing day by day. when the powerful technology mastered by mankind. Those gods and demons that were once mysterious and ancient are also can be bred by science and technology.
The mankind can be divided into good and evil. When technology mastered by different people, they created gods and demons in the robots,this world may be changed into another world.
This video wants to give you some thoughts. When the new Odyssey of technology comes and the technology is mastered by different people, this will make the world better, worse, or unchanged. How should we deal with it?

Wa(魅)
Wa is a monster from the traditional Chinese story of shanhaiching(山海经海内北经),i made it look more like a monster in the future world

MengTu(孟涂)
MengTu, a minister under king Qi of the Xia Dynasty, was the God in charge of litigation in Badi(山海经海内南经)

gif2

Uploading: key18.png… Uploading: key22.png…

Blockquote
More projects and details
https://www.behance.net/gallery/88971815/Pause-Originals-Cyberpunk-Shaihaiching

Or you can pay attention to me, and I will bring new works from time to time;
behance
instagram
facebook

THX for watch!

10 Likes

I agree with what you say :“When the technology developing day by day. when the powerful technology mastered by mankind. Those gods and demons that were once mysterious and ancient are also can be bred by science and technology.” :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Haha, I have seen works with Chinese elements, but the ones that can represent Chinese elements are not necessarily shown in red. I recommend you to learn about Chinese culture.

1 Like

I am so happy to see some works special for Chinese cyberpunk world. I think maybe you can add more Chinese elements in this work apart from some dynasty things.

1 Like

Your idea is really great. It’s refreshing to find inspiration in the Classic of Mountains and Seas. Thank you for creating such beautiful works

1 Like

This is definitely a visual experience, the first red is very eye-catching, bright yellow is also very eye-catching, like this design.

1 Like

What a complete and fancy work! I think the idea of dynasty is very good, and it reminds me of the four seasons in real world.

1 Like

love your works! Have you seen Hong Kong gongfu movies? Red gates and lanterns reminds me of some classic old movies.

1 Like

I feel that this game contains a lot of Chinese elements. Not only there are many maps of Chinese cities, but also Chinese traditional costumes. I want to play

1 Like

Gosh, I feel that the combination of Chinese style and cyberpunk style still has a special flavor. I look forward to playing it.

1 Like

Looks incredible. What program and render engine did you use for this? How long did it take and how many people worked on this?

I like it strongly. Too much hours of hard work in it sure

1 Like

Dude,this is awesome.Great to see traditional Chinese elements combined with Cyber fantacy,and the soundtrack is attracting.The melody of Xiao,Flute and other traditional Chinese Instrument is very representative.

1 Like

Wow, there are so many Chinese elements in your film of this, and they are correlated with each other so well that they seem like an integral whole.

1 Like

To be honest, I am not familiar with technology,but I am so happy that there is great progress in this field. I look forward to new progress.

4 Likes

I agree with you :blush: The mankind can be divided into good and evil. When technology mastered by different people, they created gods and demons in the robots,this world may be changed into another world.

3 Likes

I think so what you say :
Those gods and demons that were once mysterious and ancient are also can be bred by science and technology. :blush:

2 Likes

When you mention :

"When the new Odyssey of technology comes and the technology is mastered by different people, this will make the world better, worse, or unchanged. How should we deal with it? " I think we should try our best to know more and more knowledge of game.

2 Likes

I’m so happy to see the designs contained Chinese culture!!! It’s so creative and multi-cultural! Western and eastern mixed perfectly!

2 Likes

Taking inspiration from the Classic of Mountains and Seas shows that you are really talented, imaginative and creative

1 Like