CyberPunk City (Dark City)

Hey everyone.

Here is my take for the contest with the Dark City.
In this not so near future, as earth is absolutely overpoluted, teh whole surface had been converted to a gigantic city. No one could see the sun anymore, because of the whole building thing but also the perpetual fog in the atmosphere.
Air and water are provided by enormous machines pumping the heat core of the planet to convert the energy, and this cause the orange light that people sees everywhere.

Here is the main artwork form the city, and we could see a flying ship cuting the overall ambiance. A traveler maybe, merchant probably, trading some valuable ressources from place to place.

And an animated version of the place:

Awesome music from Amoebacrew

Here is some other shots without overpainting and grading:

And the map used to create the city for those who knows the displacement technique:

Wish the best to everyone in this contest :wink:

14 Likes

Nice, is this octane?

2 Likes

Incredible work! I love your ungrading shots. I wish you a good place in the competition! Hopet to see more of you.

1 Like

It is exactly a dark city. And I think it is not only dark, but also deserted. Just a little obscure and I cannot exactly figure out what is in the pic.

1 Like

Yo this is sick. Scary but interesting future where the whole surface and all that is nature is replace by man made structure. Also dig the music. What program do you use to render your environment.

1 Like

WOW. This is incredible. It makes you want to find out what’s happening inside

1 Like

Thanks @Thomas_Cheng, oops I forgot to mention the technical specs. Not this one, it’s actually Blender Cycles. But I also worked with Octane, more for natural terrain displacement. I didn’t post it here but you could find an example there:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/QzvrB8

1 Like

Thank you @Zyncta. You could find other works on the regular illustration topics. But I think you’ve found some :wink:

Yes it’s an inside life for the people here. Maybe it’s a good idea to get back in and explore in-building shots :wink:

1 Like

Thank you @SoupSandwich. The render has been made into Blender Cycles :wink:

Thanks @scarlett_f, you’re the second one to wonder, so the idea to make insides shots is coming it’s way :wink:

1 Like

Ahh very nice. I’ve seen lately of amazing art posted using Blender Cycles. I gotta try it myself. I mostly been using marmoset toolbag 3 or Unreal Engine 4 to render my 3D art.

1 Like

I just feel that it may be a little abstract for me to understand, so maybe you could improve your work from this point.

It’s a beautiful picture. It’s bright in the dark. Although it is a scene of high-rise buildings at night, it is very similar to a tunnel with light, which is very meaningful.

I am scared to see this overpoluted night scene in a gigantic city and I am unwilling to live in the fog and in the atmosphere. I must try to drag myself out of the morass of despair.

All these softwares are amazing, Marmoset is always useful, Unreal too. Blender have great shortcuts and the possibility to make everything in just one software, that’s the cool part. Eevee render is actually an awesome feature too, look at Jama’s work :wink:

2 Likes

This is amazing. Looks like in the univers, it make people feel curious on what’s happening on the flying ship and the building.

1 Like

Yeah man! Blender has definitely improve over the years with all in one features. And Eevee render great! This is the first I’d heard of Eevee. Do have a link to look at Jama’s work? I would love to see it.

2 Likes

Wow, this looks so much better than precious version. It really fits the theme dark city with the music!

2 Likes

I think I have seen a version of this work. The previous version is good enough, this one is wordless! Great job!

1 Like