Cyberpunk City (Dragons Gate)

This is part of central Neo Shanghai (tentative title). For this particular project, I like to start working on the Metro/underground entrance first. This particular region is full of high-end shopping. The tower in the background is a megastructure where only the elite lives. It is a city in itself.

I’ve evolved this piece and will rename it to Dragons Gate. As the entrance will have Dragon Statues guarding it.

———

Side Shot

Overhead Frame

The Entrance Statue.

22 Likes

Hi everyone, this is the start of my Cyberpunk City project. I’m using this as my entry point to build on. Besides the buildings, the image is pretty sparse at the moment. I wanted to show how people commute around in this city. Besides commuting, this entrance will also take you to underground mega structures.

Feel free to throw out suggestions and ideas. I’d love to evolve this with some feedback and input. Thanks.

8 Likes

Your work is really fascinating. I suggest that you put this series of works into the library section. Then we can find your work more easily and quickly, and keep paying attention to it. :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

I agree with you
:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I really want to know how much time you spent on this work?LOL,I’m a 3D modeler. If I do this work, it will take at least half a year. Your work looks very beautiful.

2 Likes

I don’t mind, if a moderator wants to move it and it makes sense for them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. For sure, I didn’t model everything from scratch. That would take ages :slight_smile:

1 Like

This looks surreal. I love it! I noticed there are some Chinese characters, right? Maybe it is also a good idea to put some cultural elements into your work?

1 Like

Really curious about how this world will turn out :smiley:

2 Likes

Wow,Cyberpunk City project. Amazing!
Underground,the most annoying place for me.Because it is crowded. But,a punk style underground! I’m pretty sure it would make me love the commute.Looking forward to it!

3 Likes

I don’t know if you’ve seen Transformers, bro, the appearance of planet Cybertron might give you some inspiration.

1 Like

Really fantastic drawing, but to be honest, it must to have more fresh idea for the entrance of underground. It’s too normal now.

1 Like

I would say that I love this modern style which is really cool and chill! LookIng forward to new designs and ideas coming.

1 Like

Hi, which city are you in? And how are you going to show the commuting? Mainly the highways and the metros? What details do you want to pay attention to?

1 Like

This is part of central Neo Shanghai (tentative title). For this particular project, I like to start working on the Metro/underground entrance first. The particular region is full of high-end shopping, so there isn’t too much in terms of punk yet. Due to the shopping nature of this region, I like to fill the area with lots of billboards and advertisements.

***updated the first post.

BTW, love the feedback on this thread. Please provide more ideas.

Trying out a few more ideas before I detail up the entrance.

I also like to implement the suggested Chinese cultural reference. Anyone have any thoughts on what kind I should use?

3 Likes

WOW look so fabulous, working there must mean really decent jobs and high high salary. Love Shanghai, and wish I can be there one day.

1 Like

I once been to Shanghai for one time. It is a cosmopolitan city with so many tall and mordern budildings as well as good infrastructure. I think our design of Cyberpunk City can draw lesson from it.

1 Like

This is what we call "Art comes from life”!!! Your initial idea is very applicable I think. So I do hope to see you design models and design pictures in the future!

2 Likes