Cyberpunk City (Sunrise or Sunset?)

A work in progress of a cyberpunk city scene. The basic concept is to showcase society disparities with the right being the wealthy, the left being everyone else, the background being ‘big brother’ overlooking it all but remaining disconnected from both despite being a central presence. In-between are well-lit bridges spanning a sewer filled channel which connects the left and right but which are ultimately nit used.

After I have finished the design I’ll post a story that explains the city concept better.

Currently I am using Kitbash3d.com building elements (buildings are theirs, everything else is mine including clouds). The materials are being changed and all of the buildings have to be modified because I am unhappy with various design elements. Once I have the buildings and materials are finished I will move on to the more cyberpunk elements we are all familiar with. However, it will not be the oppressive atmosphere shrouded in darkness that is overused in so many art works of this genre. Instead this will show a scene where the sun is setting or rising (depending on your view of a glass of water at the halfway mark) over what might be seen as an ideal world augmented with various technologies (including flying cars :slight_smile: ).

44 Likes

great art

2 Likes

I like it

2 Likes

I like this composition

2 Likes

sun is setting

2 Likes

cyberpunk city

1 Like

Looks great so far! Welcome to the community ^^

2 Likes

Welcome to the CyberpunkCity!

1 Like

Evil capitalism!

Great art, the gap between rich and poor, corporate interests, all these elements of cyberpunk are at their best.

2 Likes

Looking forward to your Works in the “Cyberpunk City Works Competition”.

2 Likes

Contest?! Well, I will have to research that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow, just goes to show how unfocused I was. A cyberpunk city design contest right here on the forum and I didn’t even notice!

In my defense I did cut back on coffee this month…

3 Likes

Thank you, CyberpunkCity person and to the other cyberpunk people who posted comments and likes. You all reduce the neon glare on my virtual Ray Ban’s so I can see the beauty of the degraded cyberpunk world with a fresh rose colored vision.

1 Like

It’s looking good. Kitbash 3D is such a useful tool for building composition in city scale.

2 Likes

Here is a small update to the city. The left has been built up with several more standard city center buildings all crowded together.

The right has several more buildings, but far fewer than the left, spaced neatly apart; they are all of greater quality and style denoting the wealth of their inhabitants.

The left buildings still need a lot of work along with a few more fixes to the right side. The background ‘Brutalist’ style buildings will receive a bit more attention when the left and right are finished.

5 Likes

Cyberpunk style has always given me a feeling of “high tech” and “low life”. And your work, let me feel the fresh air, clean street, and full of hope in the future. I like your style. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Love your concept, social disparities are rising phenomenon. It is good to showcase it in different communities in different ways.

3 Likes

Fall in love with this pic at the first sight! Personally, I like clear-cut style! Keep updating so that your work will be widely spread! Cheers.

3 Likes

Yeah, love the updated version, making the social disparities theme more evident, and the contrast is great.

2 Likes