Mechanical Error

Honored at the chance to post here about my co-authors’ and my Cyberpunk (technically, POST-Cyberpunk) novella, MECHANICAL ERROR.

It’s a detective story involving a series of grisly murders in Philadelphia, circa 2046, wherein several people have mysteriously exploded.

Two emotionally-threadbare detectives become unlikely partners to solve these killings, ultimately leading them to confront questions of artificial intelligence, and the meaning of Humanity.

(No spoilers: This is clear from the first chapter) The killer is an android who has suffered hideous abuse, leading him to highly unorthodox solutions to the problems with which he has been presented…

31 Likes

You are welcome to join us

2 Likes

The detective vibe reminds me of blade runner

1 Like

How KIND!

I do hope the tale will live up to the Honor of such a comparison!

Your own book?You are really something

1 Like

How long did it take you to write the book?

I collaborated with two other authors, actually.

But THANK you! :hugs:

1 Like

Better part of a year, between rounds of collaboration.

Time WELL-spent!

Are they writers like you?

For those who might be interested:

Here’s a link to my Amazon Author Page, wherein other (shared-world) Cyberpunk tales, as well as (unrelated) Science Fiction stories can be found:

https://www.amazon.com/Tobias-Cabral/e/B00C91WUVK?ref_=dbs_p_ebk_r00_abau_000000

4 Likes

I’ve been bored to death at home these days, and your book is the perfect solution

1 Like

I see many books on amazon are published by you?

Oh, how MARVELOUS!!

THANK you for inviting me into your responsible sequestration!!

Indeed, I have self-published (which is as close to a guarantee of Invisibility as any Romulan or Elvish individual could hope for! :rofl: )

4 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

How did you get the idea for the book?

1 Like

A notion bounced by my co-author, Joseph Cautilli and his daughter re: a serial killer who is also an android. Together, we developed it (with some cute twists re: the spellings of “Serial…”).

I took the ball and ran with it!

4 Likes

Your book looks pretty good

1 Like

That’s what I want to ask

1 Like